Join the 3rd Annual
48° North Cruising Rally
run in partnership with Ullman Sails
Cascaia Cruising Rally Raft up in Winter Cove in 2018.
Come sailing with 48° North, Ullman Sails, and other readers in 2020! The Cascadia Cruising Rally is fun-focused, open to all experience levels, and will provide the confidence-inspiring safety-in-numbers element that makes group cruising invaluable to sailors of all backgrounds. It’s summer fun with some fabulous folks!
If you missed it, be sure to check out the 48° North article about the first annual 48° North Cruising Rally (formerly called the Cascadia Cruising Rally).
WHEN: August 1-8, 2020
WHERE: Anacortes ⇒ Gulf Islands ⇒ Anacortes
HOW MUCH: $450
The Cascadia Cruising Rally crew at Saturna Island’s Lighthouse Pub in 2018.
Here is some stuff that’s not news, but is nonetheless noteworthy:
- The Salish Sea is one of the world’s great cruising grounds
- Sailing is fun
- The sailing community is full of great, welcoming people
- Sailing with other sailors inevitably increases your knowledge
- Anchoring out doesn’t have to be scary
- Cruising to Canada is far more accessible than some sailors think
Here are some things participants can expect from the Cascadia Cruising Rally:
- PLAN A Itinerary will involve a transit direct from Anacortes to Bedwell Harbour on day one, with the intent to clear into Canada and spend the entire trip cruising the Gulf Islands
- Freedom to go where you want when you want to… Join as many or as few of the planned activities and destinations as you like
- A variety of experience levels and sailing interests from other participants
- Incredible scenery, protected anchorages, and summer sun
The rally is limited to 30 boats. Please contact Joe Cline at email@example.com to reserve your space.