Join the 2nd Annual 48° North/Ullman Sails
Cascadia Cruising Rally
Cascaia Cruising Rally Raft up in Winter Cove in 2018.
Come sailing with 48° North, Ullman Sails, and other readers in 2019! The Cascadia Cruising Rally is fun-focused, open to all experience levels, and will provide the confidence-inspiring safety-in-numbers element that makes group cruising invaluable to sailors of all backgrounds. It’s summer fun with some fabulous folks!
If you missed it, be sure to check out the 48° North article about the first annual Cascadia Cruising Rally.
WHEN: August 3-10, 2019
WHERE: Anacortes ⇒ Gulf Islands ⇒ Anacortes
HOW MUCH: $250
- Attend the Seattle Boat Show seminar hosted by 48° North Editor, Joe Cline, and a panel of other flotilla/rally leaders including Chuck Skewes from Ullman Sails (Joe’s co-leader for the Cascadia Cruising Rally). It’s at 2:00pm on Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
- Join us for an informational meeting at the 48° North office on Thursday February 28, 2019 from 6:30 – 7:30pm.
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or if you’re ready to register, click here.
The Cascadia Cruising Rally crew at Saturna Island’s Lighthouse Pub in 2018.
Here is some stuff that’s not news, but is nonetheless noteworthy:
- The Salish Sea is one of the world’s great cruising grounds
- Sailing is fun
- The sailing community is full of great, welcoming people
- Sailing with other sailors inevitably increases your knowledge
- Anchoring out doesn’t have to be scary
- Cruising to Canada is far more accessible than some sailors think
Here are some things participants can expect from the Cascadia Cruising Rally:
- PLAN A Itinerary will involve two nights in a San Juan Islands anchorage, and two nights in two different Gulf Islands anchorages.
- Freedom to go where you want when you want to… Join as many or as few of the planned activities and destinations as you like
- A variety of experience levels and sailing interests from other participants
- Incredible scenery, protected anchorages, and summer sun
The rally is limited to 30 boats, so click here to register ASAP!